Its that time of year again… everyone is snatching up gifts for the holidays. The top tech gifts this year (based on sales so far) are listed below. What’s somewhat (but not entirely) surprising is that 4 out of the top 5 have the same form factor.
1. Apple iPhone 4S ($199 – $399): Apple’s latest and greatest iPhone revision is said to be the hottest gift this season. Reportedly, 3/4 of Apple Stores in the US sold out of iPhones on Black Friday. Wow!
2. Apple iPad 2 ($499 – $699): As expected, iPad 2 sales have been stout this holiday season. Although it is priced significantly more than the Kindle Fire and Nook Color, the iPad still remains the tablet of choice.
3. Amazon Kindle Fire ($199): The latest addition to the Kindle line is a full color Android-powered e-reader/tablet. Despite the e-ink Kindle dropping to a mere $79, this thing has been flying off the shelves!
4. Microsoft Xbox 360 ($299 or $399 w/Kinect sensor): Microsoft’s Cadillac of game consoles is a popular gift again this year. Add the Kinect sensor and you’ve got a sub-$500 package that’s hard to keep in stock.
5. Barnes & Nobel Nook Tablet ($249): Close on the heels of Amazon’s flagship e-reader, the Nook Tablet is also a popular holiday gift. Despite the fact that it outspecs the Kindle Fire, this one trails slightly due to the higher price.
Barnes& Nobel Nook Simple Touch ($99)
Amazon Kindle ($79)